Monday 25 April 2016

38 Things I've said to myself since moving to London



We all have high expectations for our life here...In London! All I can say is... Don't! Don't have any expectations... You will figure it all out when you get here. Everyone's experience is different, we all come for different reasons and we are all different people so this experience will benefit you differently to Jo from the legal team! Be brave, live in the moment... Every person in London is fumbling through it just the same. Making mistakes, having fun and I dare say you will be a different person when you return home... If you ever do!

I said a lot of things to myself before I came but thought it would be interesting to see how that has turned out for me since arriving. Since this place does turn your life upside down and back to front within a month. Take a look at my list of things I have said either to myself or out loud since arriving;




- I want to live here for ever
- I won't fall asleep on the tube
- I don't think I can last 2 years
- I have met so many people
- Where the @&*% is everyone in this town
- I will never walk slow in a high traffic area those people are so annoying... Sees something shiny... Stops
- I will learn to drink beer, it's cheap.... Next minute, "I'll have a Gin and tonic thanks"
- I am so proud of myself
- Wake up on a Sunday... I regret everything in my life
- This is a once in a lifetime experience
- Why am I here
- I love it here
- Damn you weather, I actually brushed my hair today





- Oh yeah, I can walk there
- Where the @&*% is this place
- What a great day it is

- Woah I look a mess...
- I must invest in an umbrella
- I'm too poor to buy an umbrella
- Does everyone want a shot?... My shout
- I'm not the partying type
- No I don't sleep with snakes and swim with sharks
- I want to party every night!
- I won't end up fat
- What even is bed time!
- Who's up for pizza and beers!?




- I won't take on the accent... Those people are pathetic
- What am I doing with my life?
- The tube is so great
- You Right!? *accent included*
- It's way too hot on the tube
- Please don't steal my wallet on the tube
- I'm going to meet so many British people
- Why are there so many tourists here
- I'm a local now... Move out of my way
- Geez I've lost some brain cells
- I need to rest my body tonight
- Where are we going tonight peeps?...

There it is! It is worse than I thought... 4 days of compiling my inner thoughts and outward embarrassments and there you have it.

In case you were wondering I am loving London! I am still fresh to the whole situation but embracing it as much as I can. I have travel booked for every month until Christmas which makes the whole experience that much better. I spend my weekends eating at markets, looking for sunshine and drinking with friends at many pubs... Of course among writing for the blog and building our website. My job is going well and I will update you all shortly on my experience so far.





Speak soon

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment